Information to Assist your Visit
Written by Head of Operations
The general ward visiting times are below (for specialist wards, please click here):
||3 - 4.30 pm
||6 – 8 pm
||As for week day
|Exceptions still available
- Visiting critically ill patients
- Who feel uncomfortable driving at night
- Those living far away
- Those who are reliant on public transport
- Disabled visitors who are reliant on others
- Parents who need childcare cover
- Those who work when the new visiting times would apply
To respect the patient environment and facilitate effective care, we do encourage all visitors to read our short Code of Conduct.
For visitors travelling from outside our local area, you may want to visit our "Getting Here" pages or view information about local accommodation.
What you can do for us
We would like to ask for your help in limiting visitors wherever possible to no more than two at a time, and to only bring children who are under 10 years old where really necessary.
- use the hand gel when entering and leaving the ward
- respect other patients and keep noise to a minimum
- no more than two visitors at the bedside and only bring young children if you really need to
- help us minimise infection – don’t visit if you are unwell, use the chairs and please don’t sit on a patient’s bed
- do not use mobile telephones, cameras etc in patient areas
- only bring in essential items for patients to keep areas clutter free
- do not bring in flowers for patients (but fruit, chocolate and biscuits are fine)
- do not use physical violence, verbal aggression or threatening behaviour towards staff as this will not be tolerated
- your relative or friend may have agreed for you to ask questions about their condition or treatment – if you wish to speak to a member of staff please ask at the start of your visit so this can be arranged.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 March 2012 11:11